Lani

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Joyland
Stephen King
Just a Geek: Unflinchingly honest tales of the search for life, love, and fulfillment beyond the Starship Enterprise - Wil Wheaton This book wasn't what I expected. I guess I thought it was going to be an autobiography as in "I was born in 1972 blah, blah, blah". But it ended up being a reiteration of former blogs from a two year period from his website.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised from his very witty and entertaining story telling. He really does have a talent to make people laugh and still give his readers a piece of himself at the same time. At the end of his book he gives his FAQ which gives the information I have been curious about for years. River Pheonix insite as well as "Stand By Me" and Star Trek TNG answers that "I've always wanted to know but were afraid to ask". And I think it's really great that he quotes himself in real life situations from his previous movie/TV dialogue.

Overall, an entertaining and funny look into Wil Wheaton's life to take me on a mini vacation from my own reality and live in his post "A-List" life. He really should realize by now that he can do so much more with his writing and maybe write a screenplay or movie. I felt like writing him with the SNL "Daily Affirmation" from Stuart Smalley. "Wil, You're Good Enough, You're Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like You!". I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time someone's told him that. If you read any of his autobiographical books or blogs you'll see why that particular phrase came to mind.