Lani

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Joyland
Stephen King
A Nail Through the Heart - Timothy Hallinan I need to start by saying that it is a rare occurrence that I give any book 5 stars. I am pretty critical when it comes to characters, details and errors in proofreading. This book truly deserves the rating.

While some readers should be warned of the explicit and sensitive content, the author did a very good job with the storyline but I'm not easily offended. In my opinion, the shock value was needed to put the reader in a mindset the author wants you to be in, in order to love/hate the potential criminals/heroes. The story was never too farfetched as a lot of books I've read lately have been. The characters were wonderfully and vividly created.

Being that this is the first book in a series, the only disappointment I had was the last page when all of my questions weren't answered and one of the characters was missing. I ordered the rest of the series onto my Kindle and I realized that this had become an addictive story and I wanted to make sure I got my fix!