Lani

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
Susanna Clarke
Joyland
Stephen King
How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie DeBartolo Really good book. I was telling a friend today that I have only cried while reading a book on three occasions, and this book was one of them. You can read most of the reviews on here to see that I am not in the minority on this one. I loved the musical references. It brought back so many great memories.

I both loved and hated the characters. I screamed "Really? Are you that stupid?" at them on my Kindle several times. As well as "You have got to be kidding me!" more times than I can count. I never yell at my Kindle, so this is a really big deal. Then I had the "Oh My God! That did NOT really just happen!" moment. If you read the book, you know that Part 3 will give you some type of emotional reaction. Yes, I kind of had a feeling of what was going on because if you pay attention, you will see the foreshadowing well enough. But I can overlook it since I haven't been this invested in a story in a very long time.

So, why only 4 stars? I have a pet peeve of changing a POV without a chapter heading letting you know whose head you’re in now. There were 3 different 1st POV and then three random sections of a 3rd POV where you are just a bystander watching the scene happen for no important reason at all. There were also a few times where the story dragged and I found myself skimming the random daily activities. Other than that, I would recommend this book as one of my almost favorites.